View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:08 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Have you thought about putting towels over their carriers? With all of the cats I have taken to TO I have probably had 3 or 4 that cried on the way there. Normally a towel calms them down. Toys really aren't necessary but if you want to include them go ahead. If possible put a blanket they have been sleeping on at home in the carrier with them. That will make them feel more comfortable.

Have either one shown signs of car sickness? If not then it isn't necessary to take food and water away unless you are thinking for the litter issues. They make the travel litter boxes now but I've never seen a cat use them. If they urinate during the drive it is normally because of fear and uncertainty.

Personally unless your cats are super stressed out by the ride I would not medicate. You know your cats better than anyone. You can tell whether they are stressed enough for meds or not. I hesitate to pop meds all the time only because I don't feel it's necessary to medicate them every time they are in a vehicle.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!