Thread: Wet food tips?
View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyxx View Post
Thank you!! My vet was the one who actually gave me the Fibre food!! Its a wet food, I can check the brand when I get home, its an Orange label if that helps.
Check the ingredients and ask yourself, is this what a carnivore should eat? Are the meat (if any) listed as "by products", which could mean feathers and not real meat?

I believe for a cheaper, or at least the same price, you can buy a much better quality food for your kitties at Global (that's where I get all of mine and I feed 50% homemade raw).

Nature's Variety has a couple of novelty flavours that do not contain any beef or chicken you may want to give them a try on your kitty, just in case it's a protein allergy that is affecting him. AND as an added bonus, they don't have any grains or potatoes in it. I have confirmed with the manufacturer that their ingredients are human grade, so you can have peace of mind they are getting a good quality food.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/Instinct/cat/can/all

They are:

Duck, Lamb, Venison, Rabbit.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey