View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:02 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Just a little story to share that happened on Sunday.

I was busy painting the trim in the house, DH was on the computer. We have a basement window we open for Rose to go out into a fenced in area. Well DH closed the window not knowing that Rose was still outside (cause we got so much darn snow we can't see her).

Jasper kept wanting to go outside, he was antsy, wouldn't stop meowing, kept coming into the house meowing, going out to the screened in deck, meowing, DH gave him shrimp, a few kibbles, but to amazement he wouldn't eat his favourite food, he just kept meowing . I told DH he needs to get outside, but he wouldn't take him out. Finally, I stopped painting to take a break to spend some time with Jasper (this has been going on for an hour ) and I went into the screen in porch where Jasper was pacing and meowing and I heard Rose . She was meowing outside her window . I ran down stairs to let her in (slapping DH up side the head on the way ). Rose ran in the house, Jasper ran to her, then he settled down and went to sleep on the spare bed in the room I was painting in. Soooooo my point being all animals do get upset when there is one of their loved ones is missing or in trouble. I wish humans would change their thinking of animals being some feelingless species, when in fact they are not.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey