View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2017, 04:27 PM

Yes - I certainly don't blame for thinking I have been discussing several dogs!! It started with suspected vasculitis, then yeast, then hypothyroidism, Cushing's, Addison's, biopsies - the tests, as I've said, seemed endless. She has been bounced around so much with all this that even I am confused at this point, to the point that I have even considered that there's nothing at all wrong with her and that I have an overactive imagination!!!!

But I certainly don't imagine the patchy hair loss, the blackening skin, the extensive black spotting on her underbelly, the leg trembling that has gotten worse in her back legs and now spread to her front legs and she sometimes stumbles on steps, the vigorous licking of her vulva, the very bad breath (despite pro and pre biotics), the mucous on her stool (although that's not present at the moment), the deep sleeping that is almost impossible to wake her from (possibly partly due to her hearing loss??) even when I gently shake her. Over the past two weeks she has a white discharge from her eyes in the morning - Tobradex is not proving effective in clearing it.

At the moment she eats a turkey with veg breakfast with a Dr Dobias Gut Sense capsule. For dinner she has beef with fruit/veg and Dr Dobias Soulfood and GreenMin supplements. She is eating well - probably better than she ever has in her entire life. For treats she gets a Royal Canin dental kibble, due to the enzyme in them to help fight tartar - she gets perhaps 3 a day. She gets one 1mg Metacam tablet every morning as she has an issue with two discs in her back. She gets fish oil midday for coat and joints. That's basically it as regards her diet.

As regards changes in behaviour - she has become a lot more placid and tolerant. She has always been a loving and cuddly dog but even trying to clip her nails made her react like we were trying to amputate her leg!! Now is has become much more laid back. Outside she continues to bark at every dog she sees and still loves her walks and can keep pace with my other dog who is 6 years old. I only use a harness on her due to her back issues - she is never off leash as her recall was always poor and now her hearing is bad.

I monitor both their poops daily (they oblige by always going in their own chosen spots!!) and the dog walker, who takes them out three days a week, always gives me a report and lets me know if anything is amiss.

I have had Millie checked in every possible way - even for things that I knew were a long shot. But everything is clear and I have backed away completely from subjecting her to any more veterinary testing. Other than the supplements I mentioned above, the only other thing I am doing is the coconut oil soak and the very dilute Apple Cider Vinegar rinse - she loves having the oil massaged into her skin!

I feel as though I have exhausted everything - possibly even gone overboard on many things. As I mentioned to you before I have found it difficult to find a reputable and recommended holistic vet where I live and I did not travel to where you suggested as it hasn't been possible to get there as yet.
I don't know of anything more I can do - but if I have neglected anything please feel free to let me know. This little girl is precious to me and I want her to be happy and healthy, but I also don't want her to endure any more testing unless it is warranted and likely to beneficial to her.
Thank you as always for your help and positive advice - I greatly appreciate it. You have been a huge support to me and I am very grateful for your input.