View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2007, 04:31 PM

For as long as I can remember we have always had 2 or more dogs . 2 sheppards and 2 poodles at the same time, then when one passed we replaced Her with a Doberman. At one time we were down to the 2 poodles then another Dobe was brought in. Then we added a female Pitbull. The 2 poodles passed {no it wasn't the Pit} We then got another pitbull and when the Dobe passed we got a Sharpai .
One thing I have learned form owning all of these dogs is this anyone of them can instigate a confrontation and yes people the poodles were the best at doing that . Because they were so small we had to separate them from the bigger dogs .Not due to any problems other than one dog trying to be "alpha" at one time or another we began to separate the dogs when we were not at home many years ago.
There has been fights with a little blood the odd time but luckily nothing more than that and all dogs at one time or another have gotten into it.Poodles,Sheppards, Dobes and Pits I really don't think it is "beyond" any breed to get into it once and a while and if they do I want to be there.
Now we have large cages for each dog and while we are not with them they are crated .I must make it clear that when we are home they socialize but as much experience as we have owning dogs I just can't seem to figure out when one of them just doesn't want to be bothered with the other for whatever reason and again I stress this does not apply only to pits.

Last edited by seeker; February 1st, 2007 at 09:12 PM.