View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2011, 02:45 PM
EMT Foster Mom

The vet told me she doesn't like to vaccinate dogs until they're completely demodex free but we weighed the options... Monty is an un-neutered pitbull (he'll be altered when he's demodex free) and if (God Forbid) he ever got out and bit someone it would be a huge liability. He'd have to be quarantined or put down... The vet left it up to me and I made the choice to have only his rabies vaccination administered. We're holding off on the others until he's demodex free.

I knew there was a risk involved and that its not recommended but I felt this was the best course of action.

I put neosporin on a few places that were particularly bad to keep them from getting infected. The vet said this would be ok.

Monty's getting his baths and his head is looking SO much better. It's drying out and has cute little tufts of hair growing back in. He's VERY itchy so he gets Benadryl PRN.

He's also learning the schedule and getting the hang of being part of our pack. He even plays well with my 3 legged Chihuahua! He's so gentle. All in all Monty is a great pup who's going to make a family very happy once he's all healed up!

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. Its great to be so supported!