View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:39 PM

Wow, a thank you is not enough for this family!

This morning I found my self with some down time, and was watching some videos in youtube when I stumbled with a video from Audrey and Eldad Hagar, who rescues animals on the street (mostly dogs) and animals in shelters before the are euthanized in California.

I then went to his site and watch a lot more of his videos... needless to say I have been pretty much all morning. Human cruelty is really limitless, when does it end?

Thankfully there is plenty of people like him out there... this is definitely where my next donation is going to.

http://www.hopeforpaws.org/

The city where I live now doesn't really have a problem with dogs living out on their own, maybe its because of the cold weather here, or people do actually surrender them instead of tossing the little guys on the street. That is not to say we don't have cases of animal cruelty, we have had some horrific stories in the last couple years.

I have been thinking about volunteering as a foster home, but I just don't know if I would be able to let go of the fur-baby afterwards I have also decided to take a few courses on animal care, as I really do want to dedicate part of my life to the well being of these little angels, I realize now that I should have gone to veterinary school and not communications, that would have made me much happier, but at this point in my life I don't know that I want to go back to school for another 4-5 years and attain a big student loan debt, so I will help in other ways I can.

Anyways, Audrey and Eldad are a new addition on my Hero's list

Have your tissue box handy when watching these inspiring videos, then after go and give your babies a big hug and kiss, I know I will as soon as I see them.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi