View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2008, 06:50 AM

Sorry I didn't post last night, it's been a hard night. Seems like Bob has Dysphagia which is basically a paralysis of the jaw (drop jaw). There are 3 reasons why this would occur: 1. auto immune 2. Viral 3. Neurological. Vet is treating the auto immune one now, viral will go away by itself (unless it's a fatal bug). Neurological is not a good one. Next week Wednesday we have an appointment with a dog neurologist. Could only get the appointment next week because there is only 1 neurologist in the province of Quebec.

I've come up with a way to feed Bob but drinking is the hard one. I've tried crushed ice, snow, water bottle, hose but he's just having such a hard time. So far my best system is a rubber band on his schnout and holding up the water bowl for him. He gets about maybe two-three gulps per bowl.

He's such a good boy...he never does anything bad. He doesn't deserve this, he's a good soul. And I can't do anything to make his life better...I simply don't know what to do. He just looks at me with his mouth open and doesn't understand why he's been drinking for 20 minutes but is still so thirsty. And what do I do if it's neurological, he's been with me every day for 2 years now. He's my best friend, I'm not ready to say goodbye. It's not fair, he's such a good boy.