View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLucky View Post
Hi BenMax,
I am new to this website; however,I came across this forum while searching for information about gas chambers in Canada.
My mother was recently looking to adopt a dog. She found 2 dogs that were saved from being gassed. The Rescue told her that apparently the city, not sure which one, (she lives near Montreal, Quebec) pays people 35$ a head to euthanize strays. Apparently, the strays are to be kept alive for 3 days before being put down; however, the lady that was gassing the dogs was driving 40 miles away from her house to find these strays...Also, she was not waiting the 3 days!! Apparently there is an investigation going on, but I have not heard anything else yet.
I am very interested in the project you have going on. I would like to take part in it. I was planning to do something myself.
I live in Mississauga. Please contact me.
Thank you.
The information that you have received is 100% accurate. I think we are talking about the same place. There have been new developments ...and they are not good. I am continuing to pursue this as no one, nor any 'authority' seems interested in this matter. Something needs to happen and I thank you for your offer. Please get permission from Marco to have access to your PM. We can communicate because I can use as much help as possible with this.

I thank you for your interest in this matter. BTW - I found out in Ontario they also have pounds that are gassing. This is not unique to Quebec only. The more you start scratching the surface, the uglier things are getting.

I will at the very least start a petition. Since the new developement received I need to act immediately. This will not save the dogs and cats in there today or tomorrow but at the very least the ball will start rolling.