View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2011, 12:25 PM

Wow. A lot of replies. Thank you for showing interest in my post!

But it is quite unnecessary to point out several times to me that I need to spay my dog. I know there are people out there who do not spay their their animals for whatever reasons. Spaying Lily is in high priority here, but it will have to wait until I have the means to do it. I do nonetheless appreciate the care you show towards my pet, when you care about her spaying.

I do have to say, I might have overreacted about her nipple coloring. It has darkened a little, but not as much as I thought it had. It was quite dim the other day when I noticed it, and now in sunlight it looks rather normal. She is brindle, so she has dark and light stripes on her skin under her fur. She is growing hair on her stomach, and she has gotten darker stripes there, where she is starting to grow darker hair. I think it is this, that caught my attention.

She seems to be going in heat any day now, many signs point towards that fact. She is still as happy-chappy as ever, just a little mellower and more cuddly.

Anyway, pyometra:
I looked it up, but I doubt that is it. Im no professional, of course. She acts as any dog approaching her heat, and her day-to-day behaviour is NORMAL. I am not bothered by pyometra.

My boyfriend brought my back to reality a little, he thinks I am overreacting a little. (What can I say? I care too much! I give her almost fullbody examinations every day to check out any abnormalities. And anything strange I find will result in a post to pets.ca/forum and several hours of googling...) I will keep an eye on her behaviour, but I have a feeling she is just groing through a very rough heat cycle now again.. Hopefully it is just her heat approaching!