View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Yes , count me in as a wimpy

I still think those collars are too hard core If you must protect sheep from bears , then relocate them , build a barn ... I would find another solution then to expect a Pyrenee (or any other breed) to fight off a bear.
Have to agree, sounds like the wrong place to have sheep to me and I am very protective of my dogs, but it isn't a perfect world so I guess they get an ounce of credit for trying to protect their dogs.

14+, no it's not a biased picture at all. It's realistic. Erykah1310 commented on people using them for effect, and people do that too, adorn themselves with collars on their own neck, crazy hair style, tattoos and body piercings, for effect. To show what tough dogs they have, to shock people maybe with how they themselves appear? Or, I will concede, because they like the look. Has anyone seen a man in a business suit walking a dog with one of those collars on though , or a sweet little grey haired grandmother? I'm not anti all the collars , crazy hair style, tattoos and body piercings, or your funky colours, it's the modern trend amongst young people and my hair was several shades of funkiness when I was younger too, but I didn't go so far as rings in my nostril or lip, or tongue. LOL. I still feel that you don't need a spiked collar to make those big dogs appear tough, they are tough, and as I said, everyone to their own taste.

Last edited by GateKeeper; August 25th, 2010 at 02:09 AM.