View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2010, 06:55 PM

Smile

Hi all, i was searching the web for info on doggie warts and came across this forum. Im from the UK and have a 7 month old Ridgeback/Bull Terrier cross whos been poorly alot of his young life. He had kennel cough at 3 and a half months and had antibiotics, then got a terrible rash all over his body at 4 months and had antibiotics and steroids, then a couple of months later drank from a sewage polluted river and had another course of antibiotics and probiotics. We noticed one little wart on the side of his mouth about 4 months ago and the vet told us it would go by itself and not to worry, however it has grown over the last month or so and over the last few weeks its spread to the left side of his mouth. Im very dubious about him having more antibiotics as i think its because of them that his immune system has been shot to pieces and is pretty much non exsistant. Over the last couple of weeks ive been giving him a herbal supplement with his high quality kibble to help boost his immune system and ive noticed the very big wart has started turning black and some of it has dropped off!! Lysine keeps coming up so Id love to try it and see if it helps Thanks to all of you for your advice and feedback on your experiences and I'll keep you posted on Marleys mouth!! Also its so nice to know that hes not the only one to get this