Thread: Hi-Tor neo diet
View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Senior Contributor

No prescription required that I know of. Here's the store locator for Toronto: http://www.triumphpet.com/locator/re...&citysearch=Go

Is it the Hi-Tor Neo diet for cats that you're looking at (I see you have a kidney cat)? Any particular reason you want to feed specifically Hi-Tor? I'm just looking at the ingredients and there are better quality foods out there:

Quote:
Ingredients:
Sufficient Water For Processing, Meat By-Products, Chicken, Animal Liver, Beef, Poultry Fat, Ocean Fish, Rice Flour, .....
"Meat by-products" and "animal liver" are too ambiguous for my taste. They are more likely to include 4D livestock (dead, dying, diseased, disabled) and roadkill, and are not a quality muscle meat. "Ocean fish" is another one of those catch-all terms that consist of the leftover dregs of the fishing industry. Rice flour is just a thickner, totally unnecessary for an obligate carnivore.

Cat's with CRF should be fed quality muscle meat protein sources. Something like Wellness is considerably better.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler