View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2016, 01:01 PM

:)

Thank you both so much for your advice!! I really appreciate some feedback. It's been a stressful few weeks. We've tried the canned pumpkin before (100% pure, not the pie filling) and he loves it but it didn't seem to really help with the diarrhea for him. He got sick first about 2 days after his neutering and the vet said it was probably just the anesthesia which makes sense. But it kept up for at least 3 days so they put him on the probiotics. About a week after the pills ran out, he was right back to square once. And today is an exact repeat, so I'm thinking it's the probiotic that's keeping him stable.

Hopefully they will be able to prescribe me some for longer this time (not sure if he can take that daily indefinitely). He's on the wet food right now, but sometimes I sprinkle some hard food of the same exact brand and flavor into his wet food because he's a very hungry kitten and I want him to feel full. I'll cut him back to just the wet food and see if that helps. It seems to agree with him really well - his poop looks better than it ever had before when he's on the pills and the wet food.

I might try a second opinion with another vet as well just in case. I'll do just about anything to help him feel better. I just want my little guy to be able to roam free in the house and use the litter box.

I've attached some pics too! Neville is the black kitten and the orangish cat is his older brother Cooper.
Attached Images