View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
I think the money you made at the garage sale is great ! for a garage sale , it's a success !

your comment about telling the lady why you were having this sale made me think .... people should know why you're having those sales. Maybe a poster with Maddox's picture , and a link to the rescue website , and explanation as to where the money is going ..... maybe that would get people to give more , not only buy but also give

maybe they wouldn't ask for bargain and just pay the asking price.

All your hard work has not been in vain , look at the money you have found for Maddox's care , I think it's awesome mf !!!
We have a big banner up and newsletters that we hand out. We greet everyone with kindness and explain to them why we are having a garage sale. I cannot tell you Frenchy how people do not care as to why we are doing this nor do they care that it is for animals in need. They want a deal and some will fight to save a dollar. But in saying this, there have also been those that make very generous donations as well. So for every penny we loose, we gain through someone else's generosity.

On a side note..I was questioned as to why I was trying to save a dog...afterall it is just a dog... Gotta love those ones.