View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Molly & Mrs Norris's mum

It's nice to feel like a good Mummy

Thanks everyone, for your responses. I can't believe, after reading the posts in the feeding section, just how...limited my knowledge was about cat food. I had never heard of Wellness or Felidae, or Natural Balance, or Eagle Pack, or Innova before! I thought by choosing to go with Science Diet or Iam's, I was being a smart cat mom.

I went to my local Specialty Pet Food Store after reading some posts, intending to go with Wellness. I told Pet Food Store Lady everything about my cats. I found out they don't even *carry* Iam's! I had no idea they test on animals. Pet Food Store Lady told me all about the various all-natural cat food brands they carry, recommending Innova, just because that's what she feeds her cats, and it works for them. I ended up going with Innova in the red bag. I was intrigued by Innova's Evo which is a no-grain formula, but thought that might be too much of a shock to my girls' systems after Cat Chow. I'll ease them in to healthy eating, then maybe upgrade to the Evo.

Innova's ingredients:
Turkey | Chicken Meal | Chicken | Potatoes | Eggs | Barley | Chicken fat | Rice | Herring | Sunflower Oil | Apples | Carrots | Milk | Fish Oil | Taurine | Potassium Chloride | Alfalfa Sprouts | Vitamin E Supplement | Ascorbic Acid | DL-Methionine | Choline Chloride | Vitamins (Niacin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin) | Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Potassium Iodide) | Direct Fed Microbials.

I think with this, I can feel good about my girls' health, even if it does cost a bit more.

The woman at the store said that with the all-natural ingredients, Molly will most likely lose some weight, because she's eating better. She likened Molly's current diet to hot dogs every night, and I'm switching her to, well, turkey, chicken, potatoes and eggs. Sounds good to me.

I just looked at Molly's bowl (when I got home, I blended in some of the Innova to begin the switchover process), and it looks like she's been picking out the Innova to eat. Good start!