View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2010, 08:41 AM

It's a cat's life. I'm just going along for the ride.

Thanks for helping me navigate through the mental forks on this mind-bending road. If it's good for diabetes, it's not good for CRF, and vice-versa, and back and forth and up and down with UTI and so on between conflicting vet opinions. Yikes.

Hole-y tongue piercing, sugarcatmom! That's an eye-popping story. Pro and novice alike must be present with needle in hand. I get it! Glad it wasn't anything worse. You sure have that blood test down packed. With all the poking going on, my kitten-lady is only an ear-poke away from becoming a full-body pin-cushion. It seems a bit overwhelming to me to try, again, but it's on the agenda.

I have no idea what the (new) vet meant by the added ingredients in Wellness that EVO doesn't have. I didn't see it, either. The info you extended about EVO is really helpful. If I can stretch my dollar and legs to a store that carries it, I'll sample the lowest phos one.

Yes, I was so-so-so happy when my kitten-lady DEVOURED a wet food for the first time in her life -- and it so happens it was the Salmon Natural Balance she fell in love with it -- instantly -- after rejecting COUNTLESS others. There was no trickery involved with getting her to dig into it. Love at first scent. At least that flavor is low in carbs.

It was only after I heard back from the company about the phos when my party balloon deflated.

Wellness Turkey is the only one flavor in the grain-free variety she'll eat, so far, and she'll only lick the bowl clean if it's mixed in with the NB Salmon. We keep experimenting, but I need to make sure she eats more than kibble-nibbles for her insulin shots.

Do you think a phosphorous binder will be helpful with meals like that? I read that binders are only good with low phos diets to begin with....

I wouldn't impose my vegetarian beliefs on a cat -- but I just have thoughts about "fresh hunt" versus "butcher-block stock." The bottom line is if it's healthy for her, I'm game.