View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2009, 05:37 PM
Chow Pei Rescue

Hi JASP

RE: Zuke's chicken flavor treats or carrots. That's it.

I'm not sure if you're listening. You've got to LOSE those. no carrots, no flavor treats. They contain food items not suitable for your dog.

You can pick up acidophilus at any health food store. It's a common item.

Someone above already correctly informed you about your food. It's laden with grains, and again, gravitate towards wet food, there is less junk in it. or if you want to try raw, go for it, it's your best bet. you can pick up more information at www.rawpets.ca

You mention that your dog is on a flea and tick preventative. Please be aware that this is a pesticide that you are putting inside your dog, and often they too, have unwanted side effects. It's a pesticide. Ultimately this affects many dogs and cats.

Personally I think your dog isn't eating because of the antibiotics. Nausea is a side effect, but you should let your vet know.

You didn't respond as to whether the pus on the penis was cultured by the vet or not. I'm pretty sure any vet can tell the difference between smegma and pus, but there seems to be some uncertainty there - - or I seem to be uncertain as to how the dog was diagnosed as having a bladder infection.

Fish oil, just give one caplet a day, or one sardine.

Cheers
MM