View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks TG! I have heard of seperating the newcomer for a bit upon arrival, so we've already got the spare room ready for that.

As for the declawing issue, the reason I ask is because one of the cats at the Calgary SPCA has stolen my heart - buuuutt, I'm hesitant because both of my dogs are fairly energetic. Moo, my female cat is very used to playing with dogs and sticks up for herself quite well - I've never had to worry about her. I guess I'm nervous about bringing a declawed cat into the picture just on the thought that they'd have no real defense if the need arise to tell the dogs to get lost - as Moo occasionally has to do.

I know we have to bring in our current pets to meet the new cat in order for an adoption to be approved, but I'm concerned that everything will be fine at the shelter and get a little crazy at home. I think I'm just paranoid. I want this to go as smoothly as possible!

Thanks for the thought on the females vs females, I wasn't sure if there would be an issue. I will certainly keep that in mind while we look!

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)