View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieDog View Post
Brandon W, my post was in no way intended to contradict your information, it just happened to post below yours. If I wrote anything that offended you, it was not intentional and I'm sorry. I do agree with what you wrote. Scotties don't have the strongest jaws in the dog world, but for their size, they are powerful and the teeth larger than most dogs of this weight. It is the owner's fault beyond any question. I've seen the ripping power of these jaws directed towards plush squeak toys and it isn't pretty. I don't remember the television show, but a program had a section about Jack Russel terriers as ratters. They showed several JRs in a rat infested barn. The dogs would grab a rat, give one shake, then toss the dead, bloody rat aside. It was fascinatingly gruesome and showed the strength of a dog's bite coupled with the power of the head shaking while holding the prey.

Iluvmylab, I'm glad you don't hold any animosity towards Scotties. Sadly, you will never know what could have provoked the attack (fear from being lost, nasty temper, illness, injured, etc.) I do agree, idiot owners need to be banned. The media only wants to go after certain breeds. From information I've read the Dachshund is the top on the biter list. Had your bite been from one of the persecuted breeds, you would have been on the nightly news.
no no no you never offended me or came of like you were trying to back up scotties or anything.Please do not be sorry thats why I quoted it I was just not sure about the whole comment about muscles and big dogs,it was just worded a little off which is wht i thought you were not intending to do.

P.s there was another attack in Ottawa. This time it was a ****zu at homedepot,it bit a greeter. This was published in the paper second page in with a big pic of her nose. The dog literally got some of her nose,seven stitches. I just want equal conditions for all breeds of dogs which is unrealistic haha. But this makes me happy that it was brought to the publics attention that its a small dog. Not that I do not like them,I find they are given lighter consequences cause they are "tiny and innocent" and thats not fair for other breeds that have been banned.