View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2014, 06:19 PM

Smile New here. Looking for advice

Hello I'm new to this forum. After 20 long patient years the time is right for me to get a dog and enjoy all the joy and perils that come with that journey. I have studied many breeds and due to my wife's allergies I went in the direction of Portuguese Water Dogs. After much research I've come to realize that this breed is a perfect fit for us. The next step was to see how my wife would react. So we spent quite a lot of time around dozens of porties. I glad to say it was a success. we have picked out our breeder and met the pups parents. The litter is due in 2 weeks and then another 8 weeks before i will be able to bring home my new best friend. It will be a long 2 1/2 months. In the meanwhile I am preparing as much as I can. Some questions I have, concern the puppy's well being. In particular I am looking for advice for which vet would be best for my Portie, anywhere in the Durham area would be great. Also I will be looking for help on finding a trainer or training classes. I have seen that I have a lot of choice in vets and trainers. I am just hoping someone will be able to guide me a good choice. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read my long post.