View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
It certainly can be done, although I don't know anyone personally. I know my cat (Aztec) is very treat motivated and I've "trained" him to come for his insulin shot and jump on my lap for his blood test. He does come when called (usually), and shaking the treat container makes him come even faster. Clicker training is kind of a version of "shaking the treat container", but the timing of the click is crucial for the cat to develop an association between it and the corresponding treat. So keep practicing, but make sure it's fun for the kitties and only do it for very short sessions (couple minutes max). Can you train them at the same time?
hmmm, maybe my clicking is off a little. They rarely ever sit together but I have tried to train them with one on the couch and one on the floor. Turn my attention to one, look back and the other one is waiting to "play". I've started a thread in the Cat Behaviour forum, hopefully someone can lend a hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
I think it's fine. Aztec still sleeps in the spots where I feed him. I don't leave his food there though. After he's had a bit, I take the dish to his normal feeding area and he'll go back and forth several times for snacks.
Ok sounds good