View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Pet Guardian

1/15/09 update

Thanks everyone. Kitty ate 1x and stopped. she has not eaten in 6 days with her mouth. she is still on the Etube. I asked new vet and ICU vet if that hurt and they both say it shouldnt. i am trying EVERY canned food i can....different varieites and flavors. nothing. she won't drink water. she ate and drank when she came home and then stopped so the etube was put in. monday i had a scare b/c she vomitted profusely so we went back to i.d. food.
it has been 1 month since her surgery. new vet and icu vet don't think she needs pain meds anymore. i dunno. kitty let the icu vet touch her gums with no meds/sedative. kitty is starting to act like herself and look more alert. what can i do to get her to eat? she is on an appetite stimulant. nothing.
any ideas? she won't eat baby food, cat food, her dry cat food soaked in water....nothing. it scares me.

I love my kitty with all my heart. I hired a pet sitter to check on her and pet her at lunch when i am at work and to report to me b/c i was worried sick. it has helped. he is professional and nice and they all know him at my new vet.

thank you for your help so far.

Last edited by meow; January 15th, 2009 at 05:28 PM.