View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Interesting thread, but very sad at the same time.

I am not white (surprise, surprise!!). I am of mixed origin but asked constantly 'where do you come from'. My answer: 'the womb'.

I am straight, not because I choose to be straight - I was born that way and I cannot alter my attraction - it's impossible. But - I never been in position to explain my sexual orientation until I hang out with my friend who 'may be'! Yes she 'fits' that sterotypical description of being 'masculine', tall, deeper voice, attractive but not cutsey. I have known her for years and we don't have those girlie talks. She never mentions anything about her personal life...then again why should she?

But - I am now 'guilty' by 'association'. Funny. So I am a colored chick that people think is gay..... To be honest, I don't even bother saying otherwise. I enjoy her company, her passion for life, and not to mention her generous and gentle heart for all living things. I am proud to walk, talk and be in her company. I refuse to explain anything to anyone.

She is my very best friend. I love her so much for who she is...period. I do not feel compelled to ask her about her sexual orientation because in the big picture - who care? What would it change?

She has never asked me about my ethnic background, nor my sexual orientation. It just was never a topic of discussion.

I aswell went through and sometimes still go through prejudice. Being told 'oh I am not talking about you because you are the 'good kind'. Good kind of what? Indian? Mix breed?

All I have to say (which came from another bisexual friend of mine was...)..'if you find love, regardless of which sex it comes from, then you are that much richer than those that are closed to it. If you are loved once in your life...then who cares where it comes from, or what form.' Another wise and gorgeous person I will always cherish in my life.

In this day and age it saddens me to know end that there is a reason to justify who we are.

Aslan - I met you and I absolutely ADORE who you are. You my dear friend are a wonderful human being that I am so darn honored to have met.

Last edited by BenMax; February 15th, 2010 at 10:52 AM.