View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2011, 11:52 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
I am not taking the side of breeders at all, 14+, nor am I looking for an argument. It just seems logic to me that if it wasn't for all these rotten owners, there would be no puppy mills....Educating your children at school(like ours are here) to grow up knowing how to care for animals, that they have them for the animal's life etc. is a great thing, so hopefully they don't grow up like idiot parents who think dogs/cats/pets of all sorts are just a disposable commodity.
Interesting approach GF. I'm all for education! Has it worked? Can you give us some comparative per capita data on the incidence of puppymills/ backyard breeders from whatever Oz's version is of SPCA and Animal Cruelty Investigators? Do you have animal cruelty written into your criminal code? I would love to know the stats on that if so. We are working very hard here in Canada to update our cruelty laws so all info is welcome. The efficacy of childhood education in reducing animal cruelty (inclusive of lowering the rate of BYBers) would be a very interesting read indeed!