View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:50 PM

TCL Pet Food

Hi all,
First and foremost: I do not work for TLC Petfoods . My opinions are based on personal experience with the product and the company. And just for the record, I usually don’t bother responding to posts but I love my Dogs and want the best for them.

I own 2 Boxers. A 75 pound dark faced British Brindle 3 years, and an American flashy fawn 4 years. Both my dogs were raised on TLC Petfood. They are healthy happy dogs. I have experienced no issues what so ever with this food and as such I have recommended this product to several dog owning friends ( one of which is a bulldog by the way ). TLC was not part of the pet food recall, in fact we received a prompt email making us aware of the problem and assuring us of the quality of the product. Their home delivery is second to none. We usually have the food at our home within 48 hours of ordering. Sure beats lugging it out to the car. We did have 1 occasion where the food was later than expected by approx 24 hours. I spent a lot of time before choosing a food for my Dogs and feel that I have made the best decision possible. As most of you are aware some cheaper dog foods are based on ( remember products are listed in order of proportion ) Corn, Rice, Wheat or other such product. None of these things can be properly processed by your dogs digestive system. Look at the ingreadants in TLC. Yes it does contain some of those fillers but the foremost product is MEAT.

Lamb Meal, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Whole Grain Barley, Whole Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, a Natural Source of Vitamin E), Potato, Chicken, Salmon Meal, Chicken Liver, Salmon Oil (Natural Source of DHA), Calcium Carbonate, Flaxseed, Whole Dried Egg, Potassium Chloride, Cultured Yeast, Kelp, Lecithin, Apple, Tomato, Chicory Root Extract, Mannan-oligosaccharides, Choline Chloride, Vitamins, Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Niacin, Vitamin C , Inositol, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin K, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Minerals, Zinc Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Proteinate , Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Selenium, Taurine, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Probiotics, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Casei, Enterococcus Faecium, Bifidobacterium Thermophilum, L-carnitine, Chondroitin Sulphate, Thyme, Cassia, Anise, Chamomile, Horseradish, Juniper, Ginger, Rosemary Extract

For those who are wondering "meal" chicken meal, lamb meal. "meal is what is left after the water is removed. So a pound of chicken meal is actual more chicken than a pound of chicken.

Take a few moments and compare the above ingredient list with just about any other brand. Look at just the first 4 or 5 ingredients, that’s usually enough to convince most people.

As I see it the only thing better than this is a Raw diet. With TLC you will also feed less making it economical. ( there’s a food calculator on their web page ) I do really feel for the experience of the owner above and hope there pet is alright. But truthfully I would never have thought it possible with TLC.

TLC is not sold at the VET's office and as such no Vet receives a kick back for selling it

Again , just my opinion , the stuff is great.. tlcpetfood.com

Also another one of the better articles of selecting a petfood can be found here.

http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/vie...y-dog-food.htm