View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2010, 06:28 PM

Low Phosphorus cat foods

I'm new to the board and trying desperately to figure out what to change my cats too. I have one that they are saying is in the beginning of kidney disease. (creatine 2.3). He does drink quite a bit. And one that has a creatine of 2.2. The other 3 are normal. (all based on labs)

In trying to compare the foods, my head is ready to explode. All the different dry analysis, as fed, guaranteed analysis is just beyond.

I have thought of raw (Natures Variety), but so far they've turned their nose up and honestly I'm not thrilled with the whole handling of it. I am trying Royal Canine wet, which he will not eat. I am mixing the Royal canine dry, but to me that defeats the purpose of getting more moisture in his diet when I'm feeding the dry and cutting the protein so much.

So, I'd at least like to get the rest of the cats on a lower phosphorus diet since all but 1 is over 10 yrs old. They are currently on Blue buffalo, but we can never get ahold of the company to get any real figures (mg per 100Kcal) of their diet at all.

I've been looking at Natures Variety, Wellness, Fromm, and many more. Can anyone give me some advice or guidance.