View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
I'm laughing at myself as I type this because it appears I can't even see a photo of dirty teeth without wanting to scale them.
OMG! I'm the same! :0

Yeah those are not pretty... they sure could use some scaling.. all that yellow build up needs to go. You can't tell visually if there are any cavities but all that build up if left alone will cause gum issues and loss of bone density in the jaw bed which could eventually lead to infections and the teeth needing to be pulled.

If I were you, I would get a scaler and try to scale those teeth to start with. I would ditch the brushing, that's not going to do any thing at this point with that much hard build up, it would be like trying to move rocks with a feather. Instead of brushing, I would give him large raw bones to chew on once a week, it would be much more efficient then brushing at cleaning the teeth, would get all the teeth in the back, and he would have a great time doing that. Some thing like a large knuckle bone. Not the smoked ones and not any sort of a raw hide, plain and simple large raw beef bones.