View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2014, 08:06 PM
You can call me DOG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post

So I take it that the Percorten-V is an injection? The first time I had to give an injection was very traumatic for me. Not for the dog--the dog didn't even notice there was a needle! I'm hoping your daughter has the same experience--not that she's traumatized, but that she discovers Layla makes nothing of it!

I'm also hoping and praying that the treatment works quickly and is successful for many years to come!
Correct Hazel, The Percorten-V is a monthly needle. Between my daughter & Son-In-Law, I suspect she will have to be the bearer of the monthly injection as my SIL is totally afraid of needles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsqU4r3d View Post
Glad to hear the beautiful Layla is on the road to recovery. Good to hear they are starting her off on Percorten-v .... it seems to be the more effective of the two. Now it will just be a matter of fine tuning things and she will be good as new. It should help alot being back in her home environment, less stress and stress is the main thing you have to keep a handle on.
One of the things that we've noticed is her losing her fur! O-M-G!! We can't believe how much her fur is falling out! Hopefully with the new medications, it will help balance her out

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)