View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazanne View Post
I agree. Which is why I gave an account of my 'personal' approach. But it was long, laborious, costly and frustrating to get to the stage I am at now and I am only beginning this process. after months of testing etc. I feel in my gut that I may be finally on he right track - but I honestly don't know yet.
An elimination diet is just as it states, as you know - everything she is currently eating is new to her and none of it is an identified stressor to her system. That has to be a positive for her. She is being monitored bi-weekly while on her new diet and I am keeping a daily record of any changes/issues/concerns I notice.
I have no idea what the future holds when the elimination process is over but I am hoping and praying to be able to move on with a successful and healthy regime.
Where you are, I've been. Watched my ex's minpin rip itself to shreds and a bunch of useless vets. As I mentioned in the other thread on Apoquel, I did a synthroid trial on the dog. 3 days worth of pills @ 50 mcg twice a day. It won't hurt the dog and he ended up on 100 mcg twice a day anyhow. If I had my time back, I would have done that 3 years ago and saved the dog a whole lot of misery and us a whole lot of cash. And if I ever find myself in that situation again, I'll do the same thing.

I only know what I know.
Number 1, I question everything a vet says. The one vet that wanted to put the Pin on prednisone would have likely killed the dog. He was highly recommended but too lazy and arrogant to do the tests I requested.
Number 2, my current minpin was raised on kibble for the first 5 years of his life. In the 6 months I've had him, he's been raw fed. Zero fruit, zero veg, zero fiber, zero sugar, zero wheat etc - and healthy as they come. He never scratches anymore. So do dogs need fruit and veg? No.

Take it for what it's worth. I'm not looking to argue.