View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
sorry but that's good news

as L4H said , first of all , dry food is not the best for cats. And I wouldn't buy any Iams products ... they were accused of animal cruelty when doing research. They also used to put dead animals in their food (was listed as ashes)
That's incorrect. Yes, they had animal cruelty going on and when called on it they cleaned up their act. Vicki Burns who was director of the Winnipeg Humane Society toured their facilities and said she was very pleased with how their facilities are run and saw no evidence of remaining cruelty. WHS uses IAMS food in the shelter now, and I spent many hours doing internet searches when someone questioned me about that. To my knowledge, the only so-called organization saying that about Iams nowadays is PETA, and I did a very extensive search on this about a year ago. PETA said some things but the only proof they provided was quite a few years old, and I could not find any evidence of it in the last five years. PETA is not an organization whose credibility I trust, I'd need to see more than just their word on it.

I think if you are going to tell people on here that they are feeding their pets from food that involves cruelty, provide proof. Recent proof.