View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2006, 05:46 PM

he has only been on raw for 4 days so he's super new to all of this.

First day: That was the day of chicken (from reading on forum) I gave him a chicken thigh with the back on it and he carried it to his crate like he was going to eat it, and while i was supervising, he shoved the piece of chicken under his blankey and went off to play, after ten minutes of play he pushed his food bowl towards me and ignored the chicken thigh, so first day of raw diet he actually ended up eating kibble

Second day: He got pork, this is the one where i was mistakenly cutting it up into small pieces. Regardless he loved loved loved it and couldn't scarf it down fast enough.

Third day: This is where I got excited cause he took so well to the pork and decided to add variety. I bought chicken hearts and livers. I fed him 3 chicken hearts and one chicken liver with some lettuce (the lettuce cause he LOVES eating my salads). again he inhaled it (which is weird cause it was chicken) and even came back begging for more

Fourth day: which is today. I have some beef (ribs but the small ones like used in Korean cooking) defrosting in the fridge right now, he'll likely get it in an hour or two from now, he's already shown BIG interest in it (i let him sniff it earlier) so I don't think he'll have any problems eating it.

So......hehe i spent the whole day today reading the BARF forum and i think yes there is definitely too much variety to start (I was a bit too gung ho about this huh?) so...should i try the chicken again (but a bit riper?) or should i just do the pork for a week or so seeing how he likes it sooo much already? and i want to get probiotics too (maybe in a yogurt? he loves yogurt), but as for variety goes is it too early to add to his diet? or should i just get the capsules and start now? Bowser is about 10lbs so how much should he get?

Whew! that's alot of questions, sowwie for bombing you guys with them, I appreciate the help that I'm getting sooooo much! I love how much information is out there, and am so pleased to have people break it down to my specific issues for me. A huge thank you in advance!