View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2011, 11:51 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
How many adults do we know nowadays who are the problem and the cause of issues in the dog/cat world? Unfortunately a LOT of people have not been taught the proper way to approach a persons dog, or even to just ask if they can pet it before they do. IMO this would be a great opportunity for Home Depot to change their policy about letting animals in their store - and if not that, then at least educating their staff.

With that said; when I take my dogs out in public, I do not wait for anyone else to make a mistake around my boys.

If my dog injures anyone - it's not the dogs fault, it's not the victims fault, it's my fault - period. I don't care if anyone sticks their face too close to my dog. If I am standing there and don't have the ability to prevent a dangerous situation, then I am taking the blame 100% for any accident that follows.
And I suppose that is what makes us all uniquely human, right? We all have differing opinions. Now I would imagine the only ones who will be able to make the determining factor as to who is "right' or "wrong" are the lawyers who will be making a killing on the ensuing law suit and the judge who decides.
I should take a picture of MY nose right now. Talk about being stupid. I know very well that dogs are capable of biting and cats are capable of scratching and biting. Talk about a lapse in judgement. At this moment I have a very large scratch on my honker that goes all the way from top to bottom almost right down the middle. Why? Because I was stupid enough to pick up a cat that was very close beside my dog. I would think she thought the dog was attacking and so attacked back. Unfortunately my nose got the worse of it. My fault entirely. Wonder who I can sue?

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!