View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia101 View Post
Y'all are hysterical. I love my cat. I have spent at least $100 on food that was donated because she won't eat it in my quest to find premium canned and dry that she will consent to.

I've bought one on every variety in the store and taken notes on which she nibbled on, which she scarfed, etc.

I found a canned she will eat, a good one, Wellness grain-free. She, at this time, will only eat so much of it and then starve until I give her dry.

WHILE I am working on that, shouldn't the dry she eats IN THE MEANTIME be a good one?

But people won't help talk about a good dry. That makes a lot of sense. I guess it's better for her to eat meow mix dry while I am moving to canned ?

In the protest against dry, y'all are missing the big picture. I will find another forum.

Thanks for the few people that helped me, and to those that care, she ate the Wellness Complete health I linked above, woo-hoo! Hopefully it wasn't a one-time thing.

It looks much better than Nutro to me.

There are some people that are truly only going to feed dry, and will not go through all this to feed canned - y'all are doing every cat a DISSERVICE not helping those people find a GOOD dry - they will just stick with their meow mix.

WERID.
Mia, I understand all too well what you are going through. I did the same with Puddles. Did I mention the tears and frustration, broke my heart but I had to do what was best for her. It took months to get her to change foods and get her off kibble. Puddles is very skinny and can't afford to loose any weight. But here is the thing:

You control her food, it is your responsibilty to feed her what is best. If she goes hungry and misses a meal or two it won't hurt her at all. (unless she has liver problems) It didn't Puddles, and like I said, she has some health issues. The hungrier she is, the more will she will be to accept new food. This is no different than controlling a childs food, would you feed them chocolate and chips all the time if they preferred it and refused to eat one meal?

Try the freeze dried "Real Food Toppers" sprinkled on her food. You can get it in quality pet food stores.

Grocery store brand foods spray acid on their kibble so kitties prefer it, not that it is better for them.

Sugarcatmom and Growler are cat food genius's! Take their advice, it may add some years to your cat's life I did, and am so grateful!

Good luck! We are here for you to support you through this change.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey