View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Hazel's Personal Servant

When you took your dog in, did you sign any kind of agreement with the facility? If so, you need to check the fine print on that document. You may have already agreed that you relieved the facility and it's owners/employees from any and all responsibility no matter what happened to your dog. Chances are, they know exactly what kind of service they provide, and they take the steps to protect themselves from the backlash on that. In the future, beware of companies that offer you such a big discount on what others charge for the same service - it usually means that you will get what you pay for. In other words, a well run and respectable boarding facility will have to charge a rate that allows them to stay in operation - anyone who is charging a price that is significantly lower probably isn't giving anywhere near the level of care. And like ScottieDog said, any boarding facility that doesn't want you to see the entire facility is hiding something.

I'm very sorry that your pup has had this experience. Hopefully he'll be back to normal in no time.

I would also suggest that you call City Hall in Beaumont to make sure that this business is even licensed to do business in the city. You may find that there are laws regarding those types of operations within the city limits. I hope that you pursue this, but also a word of caution - be sure to clarify any statements you make regarding this boarding facility as your personal opinion so as not to open yourself up to a slander/libel lawsuit.