View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2011, 11:47 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
and can that not be a reason?? destroying property? I've never owned a rental but I'm just tossing out suggestions, are you allowed in to inspect the property from time to time?
No, unfortunately not. You have to go through small claims court. Believe me, that is mostly a useless cause. I had a home I rented out when I moved down here. My last renters started (didn't get a chance to finish) a grow op; had a habit of throwing knives into walls, if the knives didn't work their fists did; completely wrecked a fridge that was only a year old when I left it there, as in ripped the handle right off of it; didn't pay rent for the last 5 months they were there; left behind 5 truckloads of garbage, clothing, etc; left behind incriminating evidence about their drug use and trafficking of said drugs; the list goes on........ I went to small claims. They of course didn't show. I am still trying to track them down to get them to pay damages. I figure it's a loss cause.
Yes, we are allowed to inspect - with 24 hours notice. Lots of time for him to "clean up" as much as he can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
14+K... report him anonymously to CRA re: undeclared business, or call the public health etc.?
That's an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erykah1310 View Post
Is there a dog bylaw in your area? Number allowed ect? With out a kennel licence?
Regardless if he has your house to breed in or not he will continue to do so, however it is harder and harder for people with pets to find housing in this province.
I'd call CRA especially now that there are puppies there that he is selling. IF he was to say he wasn't selling them then he would have too many dogs for most cities bylaws.

Its sad that tennants have more rights than landlords now a days. If I were you I would put in the rent increse application for this year, and again next if you can't get him out, keep putting it up the 4% you can ( or what ever it is now) and see if you can sort of run him out like that.
What a terrible situation to be in
Yes, there is a dog limit. Not enforced. He lives on disability - of course. The rent increase is so negligible as to be laughable. It would amount to a whole $2.67 or something. His rent is next to nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.pettet View Post
If you can prove he's using your rental property for commercial purposes (breeding dogs) and the lease specifies the property was not for that purpose but solely as a place to reside then you might have a case. How many GSD's are in shelters right now and this goof is adding more to the population.
I know t.pettet. That's the sad part. It makes me so heartsick.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!