Thread: The TJTwitter
View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2014, 02:40 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Ooooo....how big is your new lens? I looove new lenses!

I do have a couple monopods--one actually detaches from my tripod, but is heavier; the other is just a simple rifle rest from WalMart (I think it was less than $10). I do use them if I intend to go out specifically to shoot video or if I sit in the blind, but most of the time I just bring the camera along when I'm filling and cleaning feeders. The camera sits in the sled that I use to drag out the seed for the day and both hands are busy with the feeders. I tried bringing the monopod along, but I kept losing it--it would roll off the sled or I'd prop it up on the fence and forget about it till I ran across it the next morning! Good thing it's plastic cuz it got left out in the rain a few times!

I do tend to use the monopods more when my wrists are bothering me and it does help. It's not just the weight of the camera, though--when the tendons are acting up, keyboarding only makes the problem worse. So editing is out. I do have a few shots in the camera from June and July, but since they're in RAW format, I have to edit before I can share...which means lots of computer time.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."