View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2009, 10:43 AM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

My parents had a long hair orange tabby that was just horrible at the vet. He didn't like to be handled under normal conditions, so a trip to the vet he was just nasty.
Fine in the carrier, fine right up until he got on the table. I used to wear two thick sweatshirts and 2 pairs of leather garden gloves to hold that cat for my vet. I'm quite good at getting a good hold on a cat to keep him still without hurting them or me. My vet is quite impressed with how good I am with cats there actually.
Once he realized he couldn't go anywhere because I had a good hold on him he would sink his teeth into the gloves and growl the whole time the vet checked him over and gave him his shots. The vet wasn't scared of him, he would treat any animal no matter how aggressive. Their previous vet refused to treat him unless they my parents could give him a sedative before coming. Trying to give that cat a pill would be harder than the actual visit I think.
My vet was against sedating unless the cat was going to hurt himself or got himself physically ill by the visit.

clm