View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Sorry your having to go through this as it is very hard to see. In a family situation it is also more difficult. The other difficult part of the equation is the dogs health at 13.

Is there anyway you could try to clip the nails. It might be hard to do if they are over grown and you would have to work away at it for some time so that you dont make the dog bleed as the quick in the nail keeps growing...so it would mean sort of cutting or shaving little bits at a time.

Have you tried suttle hints about the teeth or health, sadly sometimes it doesnt matter.

I dont think the SPCA can do too much as long as they have food, shelter and water I dont know if they could force a vet visit.

I wonder if you were to take the dog to the vet and see what the overall condition is and suggest that you might be willing to help them out, maybe it would make them uncomfortable enough.

Also if you were to take the dog to the vet and the vet agreed that they are not taking care of it maybe it would make a difference. I dont know if a vet can force someone to surrender a pet.

The other thing is are you able to take on a dog yourself. Could you ask them to surrender the dog to you....

Sad situation for the poor dog and you....

Good Luck
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown