View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2007, 08:06 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

LittleMomma, you just hang tough!

You know what I'd do? I'd leave it absolutely alone for 2 weeks, then do my nervous heart a favor and bring her in to have the vet check it. Just don't even touch her there. We have the tendency here to overreact and check it all the time, manipulate it, roll it...and all that touching irritates it and (yep...you guessed it ) makes it bigger! he he We're also very paranoid pet parents, can you tell?!

So now, we try not to mess with lumps at all and let the vet feel it again in a few weeks. The vet gets a better picture of what's going on that way. Then, if in 4 weeks, it still hasn't gone down, at least we know it's not a false alarm from us irritating it.

As scary as they are, we've learned to just wait on lumps. We had one lump on Cass that came up so fast and hard, two weeks after vaccination, that the vet thought it might have been a mast cell tumor. We had it taken off, and just in case it was a MCT, the vet took out a lot of margin tissue, too. Poor Cass had a drain and was miserable for a week afterward--we were pretty traumatized, too... And when the biopsy came back? Turned out to be a vaccination reaction after all If we'd waited, it likely would have resolved by itself.

So now we always wait if it's anywhere near a recent (within a month) vaccination site. It can be scary, though... Very nerve-wracking!

s, s, s, and 28 crossed s that the lump goes down and your worry evaporates!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."