Thread: Help!!!
View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2005, 07:48 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

] I shouldn't jump to conclusions without knowing the whole story first!!

Puppies need to poop and pee after they eat/drink, sleep and play. As SOON as they wake up, the first thing to do is put them outside to go pee. Stay with her and make sure she goes. And when she does....give her alot of praise. Make it a big deal for her so she knows she did something good. Dogs like to please their owners and she will catch on that peeing outside pleases you. Talk to her while she is sniffing around and say things like " Go pee baby" and "Good pee oh what a good girl u went pee" She will catch on! Make sure to put her out for a pee before you go to bed! Even if she is already sleeping!

Never scold her for an accident in the house UNLESS you catch her in the ACT. If she pees somewhere and you find it two minutes later you cannot scold her. She won't have a clue of why she is in trouble or why you are displeased with her.

Pups need to pee every two or three hours OR after they wake up or eat/drink or had a good play session.

If I'm not mistaken(someone correct me if I am!) I think boxers are a hyper breed to begin with(I think I read this somewhere). My pit bull didn't settle down till he was around three years old. Some dogs mature a little later than others I guess. Tell your husband he'll have to take the good with the bad! My boy was neutered right at six months and retained his puppy characteristics! He will be 4 next month and now behaves appropriately.............most of the time!!

Good Luck and I 'm almost positive these steps will work for you. Be consistent and be patient. If you screw up, so will your dog!(I don't mean to be harsh!!)