View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Senior Contributor

I am also one of those that really never knew anything about what it really takes to be a responsible pet owner until I found this site and it prompted me to do more research out there on my own.

I had two cats in high school, both of which were outside, and both died as a result of a dog attack. The last one had been killed just days after she gave birth. I was clueless, and I have to say so where my parents. They both grew up in Cuba, and their families had farms, where dogs and cats were kept outside and spaying and neutering wasn't the norm.

When I got Vlad he was a little wee thing, so I came here and found out about the benefits of neutering.

I think many people just don't want to do the research and are plain lazy, and yet others live by what they observed their parents doing. Saying you don't have the money to spend when there are many low cost alternatives isn't an excuse. I could have taken mine to get S&N for $20 at the animal shelter, but at the time I had the money and wanted them to be at the vets office which has 24/7 staff.

There are so many things I see and read that make me think, "This is the 21st century! We are living in a George Jetson society, and yet some people seem to be stuck in Fred Flintstone's world."
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/