View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Senior Contributor

The dust was my main issue too. I found myself scooping the boxes less because of the way the dust effected me, which was making the smell worse, and also harder to scoop since I wasn't getting on it as much as I should. I was actually avoiding that room as much as possible when I didn't have to scoop because just being near it would make my sinuses act up horribly. I dunno if I developed a sensitivity to something in it or what, but I never used to react to it that bad. My husband is the same way, and with several cats slacking off is really bad. Today when I mentioned the new litter to my mother in law, she said the same thing as far as her sinuses being really bad after several years of using the clumping litter. She only has two cats right now and can't stand it.
With this stuff I've founded myself going in there several times a day and checking the boxes because my sinuses have gotten such much better since switching. I kept worrying my cats would get a urinary tract infection or something because we weren't scooping enough before, so now I don't forsee that being a problem.
I also noticed my dogs don't have the urge to try to get to the litterboxes when I accidentally leave the door open with this stuff either, but that just could be because they don't associate the smell of the pine litter with the cats yet.