View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2019, 10:41 PM
You can call me DOG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Oh, that's a good idea! How is her hearing? You could try one of those balls with the jingle bell inside. That's what we used with Cass when her sight failed. It worked really well for a couple years until her hearing failed, too...
Sadly; we have a few toy's that have bells in them and a ball when it rolls, it squeaks but she's not interested in them at all! I bought her a hard rubber bone like toy at Christmas that dispensed treats but she got totally fixated with getting the treats out that she chewed the ends of the toy and I had to throw it out! This sensory ball is a hard plastic like melamine ball that she can't chew so we'll give that a go.

Her hearing seems to be fine. She listens and re-acts to our foot tapping and I also carry a thread of jingle bells in my coat pocket when we're outside. If she wanders too far or wanting to call her in, I'll jingle the thread of bells and she'll follow the sound and come.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)