View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker View Post
My preferred vet seems to be booked up today so I made an appointment for 9:30 tomorrow morning. The other vet in my area does walk ins but I've always hated that place because it's so dirty and run down. I would use them for a more pressing matter.

But because she is acting normally, ate all her food this morning, looks exactly like your photo (and your situation was not life threatening), does not display signs of experiencing pain when I touched the area and I have to work to actually pay for her examination, I believe she can wait 24 hours to see my preferred vet. I understand I could be making a mistake but it is a risk assessment situation that is inherently imperfect.
If I was in your situation, I'd wait too. The appointment is tomorrow early, so it's not like your waiting several days, and as you said, she's acting normally, so it's probably something you'll be able to treat with some antibiotics, if she even needs them.

Also, Maks didn't seem in pain either when I touched his lip. Please post back when you finally take her in. I'd be curious as to what your vet thinks it is as well.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/