View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2012, 02:28 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Rguerts have you looked at the Blue Buffalo Brands? Here is a link to the food. If you scroll down the page they do have some that are grain free and also some they call "Wilderness" that may work for your boy???

http://bluebuffalo.com/dry-dog-food
Hi Winston

I wouldn't touch Blue Buffalo. They import ingredients from China, and Nookie and Thorin actually got very sick from it. The first time I decided to try their products, it was back in 2010 and it was the Health bars. Both Nookie and Thorin got really sick (diarrhea, throwing up etc.). Then I saw on here that Blue Buffalo had a recall, so I went to the FDA website, and sure enough, it was on the exact 2 items that I bought!! I took them both to the vet and talked to Dr. Stelfox. She said they hadn't eaten enough to do any permanent damage, but the small amount they did have was enough to make em sick. So we watched em for a few days and had em both on metronidazole. I won't use anything that imports ingredients from China. But thank you for taking the time to respond!!!

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012