View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2014, 12:21 AM

Unhappy Glad I found this site and sad because my girl kitten, The Baby is ill.

Hello everyone,

I am so glad to have found this site as it has let me know that I am not alone when it come to this illness. Today I noticed that my otherwise healthy 7mth old kitten could not hardly walk on her hind legs. It's as if the right foot is hurting and she seemed to flintch whenever she tried to walk on it causing her to limp. I didn't think much of it at first, until I went to the store and when I returned home it seemed she was flinching on the left foot, and as I watched her walk more she started actling like she her front paw were hurting too. This is when I started wondering if she had been hurt when I went to bed the night before, but how and with what. After I fed her, she used her litter box and then she made her way to my bedroom and got up on the bed and went to sleep. She stayed in there well through dinner and I had to go get her out of the bed and take her to her food bowl. She did eat, dry food and then she went back to my room for more sleep. I pray that she is better tomorrow as I recently got her dry cat food today, that she had ran out of. I did not have anything for her to eat on yesterday, so I fed her ham. Now after reading this site and doing a little more google digging I've found that ham is bad for cats in large quanitities. I'm prayerful that getting her back on her regular diet she will snap out of the lethargy and her limbs will heal and she will be her usual playful self. Till the morning that's all I can do. Thank you for being here, I will monitor her progress over the next couple of days and report back.

Thank you all.