View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:25 PM

Update

Hi all...an update on Casey. She's still not doing very well. We tried a hypoallergenic diet with a prescription of Prednisone (thinking she may have some sort of bowel inflammation) with no success. She is now on amitriptyline, but we are having trouble getting her to take it - we have to put it in soft food because getting her to take a pill is impossible (she is one tough cat - and the scratches on my arm are proof of that!). I think she can taste it in the food as she is very reluctant to eat it. She's only been on the amitriptyline for 5 days and no change yet. The vet did say we'd have to do about 3 weeks to see if it was going to work (the dose gets increased this Friday). She is urinating less now - only about once a day max, sometimes going two days without urinating. She usually poops every day (still running around the house while she does it!) but this week she went from Saturday to today (Tuesday) without pooping. She has taken to spending about 90% of her time under the covers on my bed (new behaviour) which leads me to think that maybe it is some sort of behavioural problem - some sort of anxiety. A couple of times she has pooped under the covers (gross, I know!) and a couple of times she has peed on my bed. I think it's bizarre that she will then sleep next to the poop, under the covers, until I find it. My mom thinks that maybe her system is shutting down - we're torn as to whether it's physical or behavioural (xrays are next step is amitryptiline doesn't work). Anyways, just wanted to update everyone and to see if anyone has any more suggestions??