View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsmom View Post
Have you at all considered a St. Bernard? We rescued one last year and she's turned out beautifully! She's big, she's LAZY, she LOVES our son to death, and is really mellow (given her crappy start in life, she'd done well). Oh, and she farts, and snores REALLY loud, and sheds and oh, the drool, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I love all giant breeds and wouldn't hesitate to get another in a second. Yes, it's been said they don't live long, but our mastiff mix Bear is turning 10 this year, so it just goes to show you, you just never know.
Oh yes! They were a big consideration, but honestly, I'm not a fan of the drool! I wish it didn't bug me, but it would. I actually met a beautiful sweet 4 month old st bernard pup yesterday, and fell in love!
I'm trying to do as much research as possible to pick the best dog for us. I have looked into rescue, but didn't have a good previous experience, and most rescue groups are hesitant to give us a giant dog with our 3 kids. I think it would be better if the pup was raised around our kids, and all the neighbourhood kids that are always around!

Thanks for suggestions, any pics of your st bernard?