View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper'sMom
here's my 2 cents worth! LOL

Has there been any change in your life/routine that may have affected your pooch? ie. a new partner or loss of partner, a new job or different work hours, new pet/loss of pet, roomate - basically any change that the dog may not be comfortable with??
Any changes in her exercise routine?? Is she getting suffiecient exercise?

If allergies can't be diagnosed, my thoughts are that this has turned into more of a neurological problem or should I say obsessive compulsive problem OR it has become habit forming. Does she have anxiety?? Is she a nervous type dog??
{It's kind of like when a dog has a hot spot, the more they lick it, the worse it gets - and for many dogs it starts to become a habit because the licking makes it feel better, but in actuality, it makes the spot worse}
yes...altho the change was made about 6-9 months before she started ever doing this-
ive thought about that too but it seems to me that it would have started right away if so,
but anyways...i moved from ohio to california in 2004 and then had her flown out to me DEC 2004 after i got settled...
she was fine for about the first 6-9 months, and then this started happening around last october...
also, me and my dog are very very close...she is practically my child and she is very attached to me. so i guess her anxiety level obviously has rose since this move because when i leave the apartment without her she would be alone...
back home there was always my sister or mom in and out, + we had a cat...
but i dont think anxiety is causing this specific problem because she will do it with me sitting right next to her or say, if i fell asleep she could be laying right next to me and when i wakeup she will have 1 chewed off...

you make a great point tho, and trust me ive thought about that many times...but i just dont know why it didnt start immediately and why she was good for those first 9 months.